Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails 1.1 for new apps only

1b275ea705cc1671f13105d29684cbec?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Walter (sfwalter)

I was very excited to hear that Rails 1.1 project has been released.  It
gave me the fire I need to get started on a pet project I've been
thinking about.  However I have a couple apps that don't seem to play
nice with Rails 1.1, mainly Typo.

So my question is:  How can I install Rails 1.1 for only a new
application?

thanks, scott.
30ee518e6fdc5b07e060775b5a542bdb?d=identicon&s=25 Jón Borgþórsson (jongretar)
Well...

I think you should use rails 1.1 for both. The typo thing seems to be
a minor thing becouse of a plugin that was dropped. One line of code
somewhere will propably fix that one right up. Same story is propably
true with the other apps.

Just set up a little dev server on your desktop to verify that the
apps work in 1.1. Typo and all the other ones will be up and running
in a few days propably.

-------------
Jon Gretar Borgthorsson

--
-
Bc80625db60e9db4394c51d6c1892b49?d=identicon&s=25 Derrick Spell (Guest)

rake freeze_edge

and you'll have rails 1.1 for just that project.

-Derrick Spell
E28c35323f624b8b9ed8712e25105454?d=identicon&s=25 Ray Baxter (Guest)
Derrick Spell wrote:
> Well, at this point the trunk is basically 1.1, so you can go on edge
> rails and basically have 1.1.  From the root of your project, type:
>
> rake freeze_edge
>
> and you'll have rails 1.1 for just that project.

Or you could use explicit versioning. This is one of the major
advantages of gems.

 From http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/4#page71

# ...
require 'rubygems'
require_gem 'activerecord', '= 1.4.0'
require_gem 'actionpack', '= 1.2.0'
require_gem 'actionmailer', '= 0.5.0'
require_gem 'rails', '= 0.9.3'
# ..

You'd have to do this in Typo and any other apps that weren't currently
working in 1.1. Also these version numbers are old.

Ray
662321361e686beeb0693e82d398f83f?d=identicon&s=25 Guest (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 01:14
typo/admin isn't working, issues with components and Rails 1.1

Jón Borgþórsson wrote:
> Well...
>
> I think you should use rails 1.1 for both. The typo thing seems to be
> a minor thing becouse of a plugin that was dropped. One line of code
> somewhere will propably fix that one right up. Same story is propably
> true with the other apps.
>
> Just set up a little dev server on your desktop to verify that the
> apps work in 1.1. Typo and all the other ones will be up and running
> in a few days propably.
>
> -------------
> Jon Gretar Borgthorsson
>

> On 3/28/06, Scott Walter <tx_scottwalter@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> thanks, scott.
>>

> --
> -
11d27bae391fb2e05da65dcc09d28ba9?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin (Guest)
Component issue may be about ticket #4432.  Try replace

request_for_component(klass.controller_name, options)

with

request_for_component(klass.controller_path, options)

in "actionpack/lib/action_controller/components.rb" (around line 95)
to see if it helps.

Kevin