Forum: Ruby Oracle Stored Procedures - Out Vars

Bcace0c116856fb4a36d9ff422b5ccea?d=identicon&s=25 Vance Heron (Guest)
Can anyone help me with the syntax for retriving an 'out'
variable from an Oracle Stored Procedure?

I'm able to succesfully call several stored procedures,
and can pass values in - both by putting the argument
into the SQL statment, or by using a ? in the stmt
then passing the value when I execute it, but have
not been able to retrieve the 'out' value.

I've tried sth.fetch()[0] ,and sth.get()

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vance
6ece05caebbfa91944047629101bc5ea?d=identicon&s=25 KUBO Takehiro (Guest)

Vance Heron <heron@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:

> Can anyone help me with the syntax for retriving an 'out'
> variable from an Oracle Stored Procedure?
>
> I'm able to succesfully call several stored procedures,
> and can pass values in - both by putting the argument
> into the SQL statment, or by using a ? in the stmt
> then passing the value when I execute it, but have
> not been able to retrieve the 'out' value.
>
> I've tried sth.fetch()[0] ,and sth.get()

ruby-dbi doesn't support out parameters.
Use a driver specific function:
   sth.func(:bind_value, 0)