Forum: Ruby on Rails routes mapping, subdomains and page-caching

30269682335f1fb247d71969fa715b5e?d=identicon&s=25 Roberto Saccon (rsaccon)
Each of its own is no problem, but the combination of them is confusing
my
head !

I want to to map in routes.rb an url for an article which is identified
by
its permalink. The permalink is unique per subdomain.

Has anybody done that and can post an example ?

Should I do subdomain filtering in routes.rb so I can get page-cachabled
URLs (and URL rewriting in  Lighttpd form subdomain-urls to
page-cacheble
URLs as defined in routes.rb) ??

Or does there exist a better way to achive that, without additional URL
rewriting at webserver ?
0727907ae68db2e8ebc1ea1b01f00d69?d=identicon&s=25 Dan Webb (Guest)

I've been playing with different ways of doing the same thing.  I'm
pretty sure theres nothing in Rails that can specifically help you
with this.

I've been trying to get lighty to rewrite URLs but it seems that this
doesn't work because Rails get the original URL rather than the
rewritten one so if you come up with anything that works please let me
know.

Cheers,

Dan

On 3/25/06, Roberto Saccon <rsaccon@gmail.com> wrote: