Forum: Ruby on Rails Trouble Running my new controller

995c2e1a11757e1c98cc64646092167d?d=identicon&s=25 Stewart Matheson (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 02:12
I've got Apache2, MySql5 installed on fc5, and I got RoR installed and
set-up the database.yml file with correct
username/password, etc -- but RoR keeps complaining that it keeps losing
connection;

[code]
Mysql::Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query: SELECT
COUNT(*) FROM categories
[/code]

What is wrong? Why does it lose connection to MySQL server?
1318309900f441172590a8b2fb9f08ca?d=identicon&s=25 Guest (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 02:39
Maybe your need to upgrade your RoR MySQL client.
I don't remember the details but I did it just after having problems
connection to MySQL from RoR and installed MySQL/Ruby with gem

Try gem install mysql
995c2e1a11757e1c98cc64646092167d?d=identicon&s=25 Stewart Matheson (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 02:54
Guest wrote:
> Maybe your need to upgrade your RoR MySQL client.
> I don't remember the details but I did it just after having problems
> connection to MySQL from RoR and installed MySQL/Ruby with gem
>
> Try gem install mysql

thanks for your quick reply all this stuff seems a little less
impossible when you got good forums....

ok sigh.. every step in setting this up seems to be met with problems
when i run the command your talking about i get the folling vauge error

[error]
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.
[/error]

I dont understand how there could be a problem with the make file as i
was about to install ruby and ruby gems with no problems
1318309900f441172590a8b2fb9f08ca?d=identicon&s=25 Guest (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 03:08
I had the same problem too...

Have a look here : http://www.ocsforums.com/showthread.php?t=132

I just removed the -mtune option (if I remember well)
995c2e1a11757e1c98cc64646092167d?d=identicon&s=25 Stewart Matheson (Guest)
on 2006-03-25 03:49
Guest wrote:
> I had the same problem too...
>
> Have a look here : http://www.ocsforums.com/showthread.php?t=132
>
> I just removed the -mtune option (if I remember well)

Fantastic it worked!

Thank you so much for your feedback it was most helpful...

Note: in that link you just posted i did not edit the file i just called
the command the builds the make file and restarted the mysql server.
Back in business now. Thanks so much again!!!!