Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Isolating Rails apps?

6d3c187a8b3ef53b08e3e7e8572c4fea?d=identicon&s=25 Jeremy McAnally (Guest)
> } if Rails offers some config option that I'm unaware of.  Do any of you
> } Rails/sysadmin wizzes have any ideas?
>
> Run your apps under Mongrel or something in a chroot. It doesn't matter
> what user it runs under. You can use Apache's mod_proxy to route
> appropriate URLs to the apps.
>
> } --Jeremy McAnally
> --Greg

That doesn't seem to be an option;  for some reason we aren't given
chroot
on the server.  I don't know why...but it's not there.  I'm looking into
it.  Secondly, I'm hoping to have quite a few Rails apps running on
there
(like 100+ or more) and I'm not sure how the server would handle the
load of
so many Mongrel instances.  It also seems that we lack Mongrel and we
can't
get it...any other ideas?
[[ Thanks - Jeremy