Forum: Rails Engines development cattr_accessor not found for testing ?

Tony (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 10:31
Hi there.

I try to develop an activerecord adapter. Trying to launch the tests,
I've got an error:

undefined method 'cattr_accessor'
from ActiveRecord::Base:Class (NoMethodError)

I could not find this method anywhere in the source of the fresh svn
trunk I take.

How to find this method ? any help welcome.
Tony

PS: I find this method ... in a "monnay" package on google ???
Tony (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 10:35
Tony wrote:
> PS: I find this method ... in a "money" package on google ???

Ok also find in Facets. I will try to install the Facets modules.
Tony (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 11:07
Tony wrote:
> Ok also find in Facets. I will try to install the Facets modules.

... and it does not work "simply". I try to dig in Gems documentation
and perharps adding a require in the base.rb of active_record.

Is all working fine with your installation ?
James Adam (Guest)
Tony - please try posting this to the main Rails list, rather than the
engines developers list.

Good luck,

- james

On 3/24/06, Tony <tony.moutaux@igbmc.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

* J *
  ~
Godi (Guest)
on 2006-04-12 22:11
issue the following on command line before starting the tests:
export RUBYOPT=-rubygems

worked for me, good luck

Tony wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I try to develop an activerecord adapter. Trying to launch the tests,
> I've got an error:
>
> undefined method 'cattr_accessor'
> from ActiveRecord::Base:Class (NoMethodError)
>
> I could not find this method anywhere in the source of the fresh svn
> trunk I take.
>
> How to find this method ? any help welcome.
> Tony
>
> PS: I find this method ... in a "monnay" package on google ???
Evgeny (Guest)
on 2006-04-16 02:45
Tony wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I try to develop an activerecord adapter. Trying to launch the tests,
> I've got an error:
>
> undefined method 'cattr_accessor'
> from ActiveRecord::Base:Class (NoMethodError)

You need activesupport. If you used svn, then checkout the whole rails
tree -- if you installed activerecord -- then make sure you have
activesupport installed as well. Also the versions need to match and all
. . .