Forum: Ruby on Rails 1.1RC and Lighttpd

4daf0b71d5d9a3882e583c0e72eaf5dc?d=identicon&s=25 Alan Francis (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 10:07
I started what I thought was going to be a 30 minute project on the
train this morning to write a little timetracker for myself.

Amongst other things (don't have a model called Task as it conflicts
with Rake at the moment, don't have a model called Action as it
disappears in the hash when you submit a form :-), I had to use Webrick
as Lighty complained about an unknown variable CWD.

This looks to have been added to make the fcgi path absolute rather than
relative, but I get an error because it's not set.

I can't figure out how to do a fulltext search in Trac to see if it's
been reported.  A simple Browser find on the faults lists didn't show up
'CWD' in the subject lines.

So any help on any of the following would be appreciated:

1) Is this a known bug or should I report it? (rails fault list
junkies?)
2) Is it possible to do a fulltext search in Trac, if so, how ? (Trac
experts ?)
3) Is there a workaround? I suspect I just want to init th variable to
RAILS_ROOT explicitly, but I'm not sure if the config file is missing an
explicit variable set, or if CWD is a 'magic' variable thats just
supposed to work, but isn't. (Lighty users ?)

I'm on Tiger .5, using the 1.1RC gem, Ruby .4 and Lighty .7

A.
6993d6b4b6d882f421e1b45ac147f3e0?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Barron (Guest)
On Mar 24, 2006, at 4:07 AM, Alan Francis wrote:

> I started what I thought was going to be a 30 minute project on the
> train this morning to write a little timetracker for myself.
>
> Amongst other things (don't have a model called Task as it conflicts
> with Rake at the moment, don't have a model called Action as it
> disappears in the hash when you submit a form :-), I had to use
> Webrick
> as Lighty complained about an unknown variable CWD.

Check your version of Lighty.  I believe the CWD thing is fairly new,
grab the latest.

-Scott
4daf0b71d5d9a3882e583c0e72eaf5dc?d=identicon&s=25 Alan Francis (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 14:17
Scott Barron wrote:
> On Mar 24, 2006, at 4:07 AM, Alan Francis wrote:
>
>> I started what I thought was going to be a 30 minute project on the
>> train this morning to write a little timetracker for myself.
>>
>> Amongst other things (don't have a model called Task as it conflicts
>> with Rake at the moment, don't have a model called Action as it
>> disappears in the hash when you submit a form :-), I had to use
>> Webrick
>> as Lighty complained about an unknown variable CWD.
>
> Check your version of Lighty.  I believe the CWD thing is fairly new,
> grab the latest.
>
> -Scott

Thanks Scott.   I was following the Hivelogic tutorial, so I suspect my
version (.8 rather than .7 as I originally posted) is out of date as I'd
have pasted the url rather than browsed for latest.

A.
4daf0b71d5d9a3882e583c0e72eaf5dc?d=identicon&s=25 Alan Francis (Guest)
on 2006-03-24 14:39
Alan Francis wrote:
> Scott Barron wrote:

>> Check your version of Lighty.  I believe the CWD thing is fairly new,
>> grab the latest.

That sorted it.  Thanks again.

A.