Forum: Ruby on Rails Using regional settings from windows registry

B391913bf5818952a416dd05afd05ed2?d=identicon&s=25 Yash (Guest)

On our web pages, we would like to show all dates and times in the
format defined on the server's registry. The rails application will be
installed in different countries, hence we want to cater to all types
date and time formats by picking it from the registry.
The formats used in the registry are such as M/d/yyyy, whereas the Time
class in Ruby uses formats such as %m/%d/%Y.

Is there a plugin that lets us convert the win registry format to Ruby
format?
Better still, does rails let us display dates and times in formats
defined in the server's registry?
Remember we want the settings from the server and not the client. This
is because of a specific requirement.

-Yash
5d15c6821f3c3054c04b85471824ba7c?d=identicon&s=25 Mikkel Bruun (Guest)
you should be able to read from the servers registry using the
win32api...

No doubt you can make this work.

On Thursday, March 23, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Yash wrote:
>format?
>Rails mailing list
>Rails@lists.rubyonrails.org

Mikkel Bruun

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)