Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: How to verify that I can see a Gem from Rails?

> Given that Rails itself is a Gem, I'm a little confused.
>
> I don't seem to be able to successfully get at my gem.

Which gem?

You can always look under your gem directory which should be
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems (replacing '/usr/local' with whatever
your actual prefix is).

If it's not there, you don't have it installed (as a gem, anyway).

Regards,

Dan
I have it installed.  I've verified in filesystem and with gem -list.

Something else is going on.

I think it's a problem with WEBrick.