Forum: GNU Radio Re: Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 40, Issue 39

628baa3c453c0bd218cb4d07363cad15?d=identicon&s=25 Ges (Guest)
Hi Eric,

As an added note to my last post, in case the gr-usrp code is not being
compiled into a shared library, I could probably create one using the
object files present. Am I right? If so, I am a bit weary of the compile
options that I would have to use.

If you could guide me on that, that would be a great help.

Thanks,
Gesly
On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 11:35:04AM -0800, Ges wrote:
> Gesly
Hi Gesly,

I don't think I saw the post you're referencing.

In any event, gr-usrp does get compiled into a shared library.  That's
the mechanism we use to get our code loaded into python.

This fragment from gr-usrp/src/Makefile.am builds the shared lib.
The automake and libtool manuals will be helpful for decoding ;)

    ourlib_LTLIBRARIES = _usrp1.la

    _usrp1_la_SOURCES =                 \
            usrp1.cc                    \
            usrp1_sink_base.cc          \
            usrp1_sink_c.cc             \
            usrp1_sink_s.cc             \
            usrp1_source_base.cc        \
            usrp1_source_c.cc           \
            usrp1_source_s.cc

    _usrp1_la_LIBADD =                  \
            $(PYTHON_LDFLAGS)           \
            -lstdc++

    _usrp1_la_LDFLAGS = $(NO_UNDEFINED) -module -avoid-version

Perhaps you can provide a bit more context?

Thanks,
Eric
628baa3c453c0bd218cb4d07363cad15?d=identicon&s=25 Ges (Guest)
Hi Eric,

The mail previous to the one below is there on the mailing list.

Anyway, what I was trying to do was try to get some code that I wrote
using the usrp1_source_c functions to work. I was trying to link with
the gnuradio-core libraries. Later I realised that these files are not
complied in the gnuradio-core library. I saw the _usrp1.so lib file in
.libs directory. But this contains all the swig related symbols in it as
well.

So, I then made a different shared library using the .o files and I was
able to link my code with it.

I was basically trying to find out if there is some shared library for
the gr-usrp code with which I could link my C++ code.

Thanks,
Gesly

Eric Blossom <eb@comsec.com> wrote: On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 11:35:04AM

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 08:40:13PM -0800, Ges wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> The mail previous to the one below is there on the mailing list.
>
> Anyway, what I was trying to do was try to get some code that I
> wrote using the usrp1_source_c functions to work. I was trying to
> link with the gnuradio-core libraries. Later I realised that these
> files are not complied in the gnuradio-core library. I saw the
> _usrp1.so lib file in .libs directory. But this contains all the
> swig related symbols in it as well.

Are you trying to use the functions in usrp1_source_c from C++?
If so, that seems a bit odd.   I'd suggest using the stable and
documented interface in usrp_standard.h.  usrp1_*'s only purpose in
life is to glue usrp_standard_{tx,rx} into GNU Radio.  It's a bit of a
kludge right now.  However, SWIG is now supporting multiple
inheritance, so refactoring could remove all the manual proxying.

> So, I then made a different shared library using the .o files and I
> was able to link my code with it.

OK.

> I was basically trying to find out if there is some shared library
> for the gr-usrp code with which I could link my C++ code.

OK.  Are you aware that there's a separate libusrp.so that contains
usrp_standard and friends?

Eric