Forum: Ruby on Rails Which JavaScript effect is this?

Bd48c6aec7f4341c92fba616ebc61a5b?d=identicon&s=25 Jordan Isip (jtei)
on 2006-03-22 18:42
http://canadaonrails.com/ (when you hover over news and events)

I've seen this implemented on a few rails sites now and I was just
wondering if it is just a simple javascript from the prototype library.
Does anybody know of any links on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!
A332dcb1e051f733dc9a9bd78df3b560?d=identicon&s=25 Wes Garrison (Guest)
This is an Effect.Blinddown called from the onmouseover event.
It's in the scriptaculous library.

See ActionView::Helpers::ScriptaculousHelper in the api.

  -- Wes

On 3/22/06, Jordan Isip <jordanisip@yahoo.com> wrote:

    -- Wes
Bd48c6aec7f4341c92fba616ebc61a5b?d=identicon&s=25 Jordan Isip (jtei)
on 2006-03-22 20:47
Thanks Wes.  I knew it had to be one of those...

Jordan

Wes Garrison wrote:
> This is an Effect.Blinddown called from the onmouseover event.
> It's in the scriptaculous library.
>
> See ActionView::Helpers::ScriptaculousHelper in the api.
>
>   -- Wes
>
> On 3/22/06, Jordan Isip <jordanisip@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

> --
>
>     -- Wes
4005a47a8f2ceee49670b920593c1d52?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Munat (Guest)
Nate Brown, the organizer of Canada on Rails and creator of this
*excellent* site, is on
this list... Nate, do you have a sec to tell Jordan about the "News and
Events" slide-down
panel?

PS: I feel compelled to point out that I've never responded to a post on
any list by
asking someone else to take the time to post, but this is a very cool
effect and the first
time I've seen it anywhere.... I'm extremely intrigued.