Forum: Ruby on Rails Switch...err Capistrano hangs

5d15c6821f3c3054c04b85471824ba7c?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Schairbaum (Guest)
I'm having a little bit of difficulty deploying my app.  I've run the
setup and it works with Cap, but when I try to deploy it hangs at
"querying latest revision".  I can access my svn locally (I'm on a
windows xp sp2 machine) using SubClipse plugin, but not through the
command line though (yes, svn client is installed).

I'm pretty sure that it's some sort of odd svn config that I need to
make but I've poured over all the documentation at hand, and I'm out of
ideas.  I can create an svn tunnel using:

 svn+ssh://username@server.ip svnserve -t

that works, but for some reason everything else hangs.  Any ideas would
be greatly appreciated.
992fe8c19bbbc27f2b562a9f96efc03d?d=identicon&s=25 Jamis Buck (Guest)
Joshua,

What happens when you try to access your svn repository via the
command line?

- Jamis
5d15c6821f3c3054c04b85471824ba7c?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Schairbaum (Guest)
It just hangs, no errors or anything.

I read in the Pragmatic Programmers book on Subversion that if the
tunnel works everything should be okay.  I'm just struggling with piece
for some reason.

For example, I'll do svn list
svn+ssh://serverip/home/username/svn/app/trunk
and it will ask me for my password and then just hang.
5d15c6821f3c3054c04b85471824ba7c?d=identicon&s=25 Roustem Karimov (Guest)
On Wednesday, March 22, 2006, at 5:12 PM, Joshua Schairbaum wrote:
>On Tuesday, March 21, 2006, at 7:23 AM, Jamis Buck wrote:
>>> setup and it works with Cap, but when I try to deploy it hangs at
>>>

>Posted with http://DevLists.com.  Sign up and save your time!

Make sure you can ssh ("create an svn tunnel") on your server as well as
on your client machine.

Roustem.