Forum: Ruby Gemcutter's Workshop open !

13ea48f056b19349027d2f4a6921a46a?d=identicon&s=25 Jean-François (Guest)
Hello,

Have I missed the news in the list, but it seems that the info
was not widespread : there's a new column in Linux Journal
dedicated to the Ruby community news, have a look there :

Gemcutter's Workshop
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8921

The column is maintained by Pat Eyler.

Pretty cool, isn't it ?

    -- Jean-François.
Bb6ecee0238ef2461bef3416722b35c5?d=identicon&s=25 pat eyler (Guest)
On 3/20/06, Jean-François <jf.web3@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Bonjour,

> Have I missed the news in the list, but it seems that the info
> was not widespread : there's a new column in Linux Journal
> dedicated to the Ruby community news, have a look there :

It looks like I've been scooped.  I wasn't going to announce
anything until I knew it was up (I thought it was going up on
3/21).   Since the cat is out of the bag, here are some more
details:
*  we're looking at a bi-weekly column

*  each column will touch on news in/from the Ruby community
and will look at a library, tool, or practice.

I'd love feedback (esp. at the LJ articles, the more reads and
comments they get, the more interested they'll be in this (and
other) content.  Given enough interest, we could get Ruby into
their monthly print edition.

> Gemcutter's Workshop
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8921
>
> The column is maintained by Pat Eyler.
>
> Pretty cool, isn't it ?

Thanks.
On Mar 20, 2006, at 6:33 AM, Jean-François wrote:

> Gemcutter's Workshop
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8921
>
> The column is maintained by Pat Eyler.

This is an excellent article.  Thank you Pat!  Looking forward to
more...

James Edward Gray II
pat eyler wrote:

> I'd love feedback (esp. at the LJ articles, the more reads and
> comments they get, the more interested they'll be in this (and
> other) content.  Given enough interest, we could get Ruby into
> their monthly print edition.

 From my exchanges with the editors (though I think they've recently
changed staff) they have been quite interested in Ruby content.

It would be great to see Pat's columns in the paper version.

--
James Britt