Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] jEdit Snippets for Ruby on Rails

981b75f949c81efad3bc4b3c4ea88332?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Becker (Guest)
Announcing: jEdit Snippets for Ruby on Rails

I thought I'd "give a little back to the community" and whip up some
SuperAbbrev files for ruby and rhtml that mimic all of the Textmate
Rails bundle snippets.

Note: This was totally inspired by Textmate and the syncPEOPLE Rails
plugin for Textmate. So thanks to you guys for being awesome. I just
thought I'd see how close I could get.

And why not, lets take it a little beyond the Textmate rails snippets,
and throw in a few more that seem useful and obvious.

Basically, on the RHTML side, there is a TON of additional useful
snippets.

Now this doesn't include the other neat syncPeople commands, but if
someone wants to help out with writing some jEdit macros, that would
be dope.

So please, try it out, let me know if it works, add more snippets, etc.

What are snippets?

Snippets are small capsules of code that are activated by a key
sequence followed by [CTRL-Enter]. For example, mct[CTRL-Enter] will
activate the Migration Create Table snippet. The SuperAbbrevs plugin
makes this possible.

Download
http://synthesis.sbecker.net/articles/2006/03/20/j...

Thanks!

--
Scott Becker
Web Developer

Electro Interactive
www.ElectroInteractive.com
Blog: http://synthesis.sbecker.net
92dafea96df3ff949b426b235a19ae0e?d=identicon&s=25 ChrisT (Guest)
That's great. Been wondering about doing this but not gotten around to
it. Do you know if there's a way to export the list so you can see what
the abbrev/fulltype pairs are?

Chris T
F3f0570091c16739cf70ac0b67acdcb6?d=identicon&s=25 András Tarsoly (Guest)
Nice. Started using them (i'm a jEdit junkie) and I like it. Keep it up
:)

cheers,
András
On 3/20/06, Scott Becker <becker.scott@gmail.com> wrote:
> thought I'd see how close I could get.
> So please, try it out, let me know if it works, add more snippets, etc.

András Tarsoly
tarsolya@gmail.com
F3f0570091c16739cf70ac0b67acdcb6?d=identicon&s=25 András Tarsoly (Guest)
I want to know this, too, if there is a possibility. Just for printing
out some cheatsheets while one getting used to these abbrevs.

Thanks,
Andras

--
András Tarsoly
tarsolya@gmail.com

On 3/20/06, Scott Becker <becker.scott@gmail.com> wrote:
> plugin for Textmate. So thanks to you guys for being awesome. I just
> be dope.
> makes this possible.

Best Regards,
Niket Patel
For NexusNeo System
(A Div of NexusNeo System & Exim Pvt. Ltd)
Tel:  +91 79 23244557
Fax: +91 79 23246531
E-mail: info@nexusneo.com
Web:   www.nexusneo.com
5b1c58ca5016a810cc7e54db31bf90ce?d=identicon&s=25 NexusNeo - Niket Patel (Guest)
yes i have the same question
any way to take print out for ready ref?

On 3/20/06, ChrisT <chrismtaggart@gmail.com> wrote:

Best Regards,
Niket Patel
For NexusNeo System
(A Div of NexusNeo System & Exim Pvt. Ltd)
Tel:  +91 79 23244557
Fax: +91 79 23246531
E-mail: info@nexusneo.com
Web:   www.nexusneo.com
981b75f949c81efad3bc4b3c4ea88332?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Becker (Guest)
I've now added online reference documentation for all the shortcuts.
That ought to help out.

http://synthesis.sbecker.net/pages/jedit-snippets-...

This is also linked from the original page:

http://synthesis.sbecker.net/articles/2006/03/20/j...

No PDF cheat sheet yet. Anyone want to do that for me? :)

I especially like the Prototype Dissected cheat sheets
http://www.snook.ca/archives/000531.php

C'mon, who's up for it?

--
Scott Becker
Web Developer

Electro Interactive
www.ElectroInteractive.com
D6ad52affc12fb2b49b0e5a215a8410a?d=identicon&s=25 Matt Torok (Guest)
Just wanted to alert potential users: SuperAbbrevs only works with jEdit
versions >=4.2final and <=4.3pre2. If you're using the latest beta
release,
4.3pre3, like I am, it'll go wacky when you try to hit tab to switch
between
the fields. I was wondering why it wasn't showing up in my in-app
plugins
list, so I went out and got it manually. Now I know why.

Just FYI.
981b75f949c81efad3bc4b3c4ea88332?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Becker (Guest)
That sucks. I'll add a note to my docs. Hopefully they'll update
either jEdit or SuperAbbrevs and make it compatibile again. It's a
killer plugin.

On 3/22/06, Matt Torok <magicmat@gmail.com> wrote:

> snippets,
> etc.

Scott Becker
Web Developer

Electro Interactive
www.ElectroInteractive.com
981b75f949c81efad3bc4b3c4ea88332?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Becker (Guest)
on 2006-03-26 23:33
Matt Torok wrote:
> Just wanted to alert potential users: SuperAbbrevs only works with jEdit
> versions >=4.2final and <=4.3pre2. If you're using the latest beta
> release,
> 4.3pre3, like I am, it'll go wacky when you try to hit tab to switch
> between
> the fields. I was wondering why it wasn't showing up in my in-app
> plugins
> list, so I went out and got it manually. Now I know why.
>
> Just FYI.

Just thought I'd let you know, the author of SuperAbbrevs, Sune Simonsen
wrote in on my blog to say he's working on an improved beta version,
which also works with 4.3pre3, so stay tuned for that!