Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Rails Plugin to Help Debug Views

67b6389be42524fbd776e44fd35c3d7e?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Donald (Guest)

I just released a plugin to help debug views. The plugin makes it easy
to add a button that will popup a new window that displays the
following debug data;

* Request Parameters
* Session Variables
* Flash Variables
* Assigned Template Variables

It was derived from code that traces back to Marten Veldthuis in
Epilog. You can check out webpage and plugin via;

http://www.realityforge.org/articles/2006/03/20/ra...

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
C27e9fe209955cdd75f249e7466302e9?d=identicon&s=25 John Dell (Guest)
Peter Donald wrote:

> It was derived from code that traces back to Marten Veldthuis in
> Epilog. You can check out webpage and plugin via;
>
> http://www.realityforge.org/articles/2006/03/20/ra...

Nice!  I had modified the original to also do inline debugging, so
rather than doing <%= debug_popup %>, you just do <%= debug_inline %>

I merged my inline stuff with your code (attached), if you want it.

The code is pretty ugly, but it works.

John

On 3/20/06, John Dell <jdell@gbdev.com> wrote:
> Nice!  I had modified the original to also do inline debugging, so
> rather than doing <%= debug_popup %>, you just do <%= debug_inline %>
>
> I merged my inline stuff with your code (attached), if you want it.

I did not use the code directly but I incorporated your idea and updated

http://www.realityforge.org/articles/2006/03/20/ra...

to reflect this fact. Thanks!

--
Cheers,