Forum: Ruby on Rails Multiple website section = multiple controllers ?

7d598c6cbf6739c53fc023d9fa0fc6c9?d=identicon&s=25 weirdmonkey (Guest)
on 2006-03-19 17:34
Hi!

I am totally new to ruby on rails and dynamic website creation (never
done php or asp).

I am reading "Agile Web Development with Rails" by D.Thomas, and I am
wondering if I need to create multiple scaffold and controllers to be
able to create a really basic CMS.

Part of the website needed:

-http://www.domain.com/
-http://www.domain.com/about/
-http://www.domain.com/articles/
-http://www.domain.com/contact/
etc...

do I need to create a scaffold and controller for about, articles,
contact...?

Sorry for my bad english, and please be kind with me, I have very
limited dynamic site knowledge.

Thank you!!
2c80e1b0837eec76d38d4f7fa1c15e87?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Gorsuch (Guest)
You don't necessarily need multiple controllers, it just depends on
how you want it laid out.

One controller could possibly handle all of this:

Maybe on controller for articles, the other for pages (about, contact,
etc).

You can use routes to manipulate the urls as you need them.
30269682335f1fb247d71969fa715b5e?d=identicon&s=25 Roberto Saccon (rsaccon)
yes you are right, multiple controllers = multiple pages = multiple urls
(as
you listed them)
7d598c6cbf6739c53fc023d9fa0fc6c9?d=identicon&s=25 weirdmonkey (Guest)
on 2006-03-19 20:48
Roberto Saccon wrote:
> yes you are right, multiple controllers = multiple pages = multiple urls
> (as
> you listed them)

Does it have a bad effect on loading performance ?