I have a model that represents a Player, and within that there is a method that calculates wins and losses for that player based on a how they did in databases that are in the DB. When this calculation is over it is supposed to show a summary of the calculation. When testing it on my local machine using Webrick it works fine, but when I put it on my web server, after the calculation is done it goes to a blank page instead of the summary page. The address is correct in the browser, it just does not show anything. I looked in the log and it said it was rendering the page, but it just shows nothing. My code is not the most efficient in the world right now, is it because of the calculation is taking a long time maybe? Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. Gabe
on 2006-03-18 22:59
on 2006-03-18 23:04
Whenever I see somethign like that, its because I have an old session file lying around somewhere and Rails doesn't like it. Try deleting all your cookies (or at least the ones associated with your production site).
on 2006-03-18 23:04
very general question, so here comes general answer - you may not have uploaded all the files properly and template really has nothing to show Normally, you would cut down everything from your controller/template until you get to the _minimal_ code that does NOT work. This is when you find the problem.
on 2006-03-18 23:10
rm /tmp/ruby_sess.* It has to do with old objects in the session..always wondered why it's impossible to get an error other than a blank screen.
on 2006-03-18 23:14
Cool thanks for the help. I will try that out and see what I get.
on 2006-03-18 23:41
So I just imported all of the exact same tournament files to both my local machine and my web server(the code is identical, it is btoh coming from my central svn repository). Once again on my local machine it worked. Before I ran it on my web server I deleted all of my session file from the tmp dir. This time when I ran it I tailed the development.log,the blank page came up before the calculation was done running. It came up, and I could see through the tailed file that it was still computing away. Eventually it finishes, and computes things correctly, but the page does not get changed to the summary page, presumably because it has already changed to the blank one. Gabe