Forum: Typo Flickr Plug-in Issue

A82dc5e401d9b8714ec7b2fffdb80315?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Saylor (Guest)
Is anybody else having a problem with the Flickr plugin? I just
noticed that my pictures stopped showing up on my blog,
http://www.justhack.com. I'm not sure when that happened. I'm running
the latest trunk, 923. I looked at the plug-in and it appears that
@flickr isn't getting populated. I would like to know if it's just me
or is this a problem in general.

Thanks,
Chris
5ce55767684e0cd1727db2b8b8975640?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Longdo (Guest)
I had that problem for a bit.  I would recommend going and getting your
own
flickr API key ( http://www.flickr.com/services/api/key.gne ).  I did
that
and replaced the value in the environment.rb file (last line in the
file)
with my key, the flickr photos returned and the prophecy was fulfilled
;-P

-Steve
http://www.stevelongdo.com
0196ff65610046d2f8ba58bc4a45f144?d=identicon&s=25 Piers Cawley (Guest)
"Steve Longdo" <steve.longdo@gmail.com> writes:

> I had that problem for a bit.  I would recommend going and getting
> your own flickr API key ( http://www.flickr.com/services/api/key.gne
> ).  I did that and replaced the value in the environment.rb file
> (last line in the file) with my key, the flickr photos returned and
> the prophecy was fulfilled ;-P

I think in this case it's something else; the problem was that I got a
bit eager moving stuff from application.rb to content_controller.rb
and moved something that the aggregator based sidebars depended on
and, because we'd made the mistake of doing:

   @flickr =
     check_cache(FlickrAggregation, @sb_config['feed'] rescue nil

we weren't even logging the errors.

I wonder if there's a case for something like:

  def evaluate_and_log_error(failure_default = nil)
    begin
      yield
    rescue Exception => e
      logger.info e
      failure_default

and replacing all our 'rescue nil' entries with something along those
lines.
6451ee8093c9cedc94f6c813b4dde2c5?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin Ballard (Guest)
That shouldn't be necessary. The API key is, IIRC, a per-product key,
not a per-person key. So using the default key is how Flickr intended
this to work.
Be98e024732613d3bd377f28d4a31719?d=identicon&s=25 Ernie Oporto (Guest)
This works OK for me after upgrading from trunk 923 to 946 - properly,
this
time, with "svn update".
It also fixed my RSS sidebar problem.
Be sure to completely restart the server to see the changes, as emptying
the
cache did not help.