Forum: Ruby on Rails OT: Mailing list Digest frequency

171ea139761951336b844e708d1547ab?d=identicon&s=25 ByrneJB (Guest)
Is there some way to get the frequency of digests for this list
reduced to one per day?  I have sent a request regarding this issue
to the list owner some time ago and have received no reply. I am
posting it here in hope that someone responsible for the list
administration might see it and answer my query.

--
     *** e-mail is not a secure channel ***
mailto:byrnejb.<token>@harte-lyne.ca
James B. Byrne wrote:
> Is there some way to get the frequency of digests for this list
> reduced to one per day?  I have sent a request regarding this issue
> to the list owner some time ago and have received no reply. I am
> posting it here in hope that someone responsible for the list
> administration might see it and answer my query.

I wouldn't think so. The volume on this list is so large that some mail
clients and servers would choke on a a single digest per day.

This is explained on lists.rubyonrails.org;

> Set Digest Mode
>
> If you turn digest mode on, you'll get posts bundled together (usually one per day but
possibly more on busy lists), instead of singly when they're sent. If digest mode is
changed from on to off, you may receive one last digest.

This is pretty much the definition of a busy list.

Ray
5aee99e43de290ab1b7b488b7b034fed?d=identicon&s=25 adelle (Guest)
> This is pretty much the definition of a busy list.

I don't know if it would be a popular idea, but I for one would support
having a separate list or AR.  AR is the only par of rails that I
actually
use.

Adelle.