Forum: Ruby on Rails edge - scaffolds now pluralized?

17acfbd3a05cfb59e0543235cc0a813b?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Susser (Guest)
Are my eyes going buggy, or did something recently change in Edge
Rails so that now scaffolds are generated with pluralized controller/
helper/etc names?  I peeked at the code in
railties/lib/rails_generator/generators/components/scaffold/
scaffold_generator.rb
around line 50, and it looks like there was a change there recently
so that it now defaults to pluralized names.  So why was this
changed?  I can't find any notes of the change in trac or the
changelog.  And how can I get the singular name?  I'm still a newbie
when it comes to navigating the trunk source and trac, so a little
explanation would be appreciated.

thanks,
--josh
http://blog.hasmanythrough.com
Joshua Susser wrote:
> Are my eyes going buggy, or did something recently change in Edge
> Rails so that now scaffolds are generated with pluralized controller/
> helper/etc names?  I peeked at the code in
> railties/lib/rails_generator/generators/components/scaffold/
> scaffold_generator.rb
> around line 50, and it looks like there was a change there recently
> so that it now defaults to pluralized names.  So why was this
> changed?  I can't find any notes of the change in trac or the
> changelog.  And how can I get the singular name?  I'm still a newbie
> when it comes to navigating the trunk source and trac, so a little
> explanation would be appreciated.

OK, it's late.  I figured out I must have been specifying the controller
name explicitly before and forgot this time so I got the default
pluralized name.  New rule - no late night postings!

--josh