Forum: Ruby on Rails access to cookies using auth generaor ?

Bd3a9ca8a116e0055e65dd2d6069c946?d=identicon&s=25 Todd S. (tdog)
on 2006-03-17 00:54
I'm using the auth generator and am trying to gain access to the @user
variable as indicated in the documentation.  When I login everything
seems to work, I get a "Login successful." message in the flash[:notice]
but I cannot get any information from @user from within a controller
after that.  There is nothing in cookies[:user] or session[:user]
either.  Where do I start to debug this?
D53f3bb7f7823b38cb1d779e24ebbfde?d=identicon&s=25 haze (Guest)
on 2007-02-12 14:04
Todd S. wrote:
> I'm using the auth generator and am trying to gain access to the @user
> variable as indicated in the documentation.  When I login everything
> seems to work, I get a "Login successful." message in the flash[:notice]
> but I cannot get any information from @user from within a controller
> after that.  There is nothing in cookies[:user] or session[:user]
> either.  Where do I start to debug this?

I have the same problem.
In the documentation you should use @user.reload, but when I use that my
database table crashes....