Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: ACLSystem and session variables

E4c4a05719644c37f02dc5181de7c8c5?d=identicon&s=25 Buntin, Seth - KATE (Guest)
Yeah I figured that out....i need sleep.

  _____

From: Emin Hasanov [mailto:emin@hasanov.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:10 PM
To: rails@lists.rubyonrails.org
Subject: Re: [Rails] ACLSystem and session variables

I don't know that system, but from the code it looks like @user.roles is
a collection so you cannot simply print its value

On 3/16/06, Buntin, Seth - KATE <Seth.Buntin@coe.murraystate.edu> wrote:

I am using the ACL System that is described on the Rails wiki and I have
a quick question.  I want to set the "role" as a session variable so
that I can display certain navigation schemes and I was doing it like
this:

@session[:user][:role] = @user.roles

When I print out this variable I get:

#<Role:0x3262d80>

How can I turn this into a readable value?  I tried .to_i because I
think it is an integer but that method isn't valid.

Thanks.

Seth