Forum: Ruby on Rails Dynamic Link Handler

Fe177874a42141e1ed7c24be2535966e?d=identicon&s=25 Younome (Guest)
Hello,

Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to find a clean
way
of using dynamic link buttons with mouseovers and eveything. Basically,
all
I really want it to do is keep the Names and IDs of the images and links
accounted for automatically and be able to define javascript functions,
etc.
Does Rails have something to assist with this? Any suggestions? I
already
made a LinkHandler helper but I want something clean and Rails-friendly
if
possible.

Thanks,

Younome
992fe8c19bbbc27f2b562a9f96efc03d?d=identicon&s=25 Jamis Buck (Guest)
On Mar 15, 2006, at 4:34 PM, Younome wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to find a
> clean way of using dynamic link buttons with mouseovers and
> eveything. Basically, all I really want it to do is keep the Names
> and IDs of the images and links accounted for automatically and be
> able to define javascript functions, etc. Does Rails have something
> to assist with this? Any suggestions? I already made a LinkHandler
> helper but I want something clean and Rails-friendly if possible.

Helpers are the "rails way" to do these things. You just create a
"my_link_to" method in a LinkHandlerHelper that sets all your desired
defaults and calls link_to.

- Jamis