Forum: Ruby on Rails link_to_remote issue after upgrading to rails 1.0

D18a2545ac8a0862cc6f9b6a504b41d3?d=identicon&s=25 dave smylie (Guest)
Hi

I've only recently noticed my notebook was using an old version of rails
(0.13), and so upgraded it to 1.0 (this is on gentoo linux).

The upgrade has broken some previously working code, and I've not been
able to find a work-around.

Previously the following call:
<%= link_to_remote("some string",
                                   :update => 'content',
                                   :url        => { :action =>
'show_pics',
                                                           :show_layout
=> false,
                                                           :page =>
@page}
                  ) %>
would call action show_pics and params[:show_layout] would hold the
value false.

However, now :show_layout is not passed thru at all. I'm certain it's
related to the upgrade as I noticed it broke when i moved a copy of my
app to my server using rails 1.0. As soon as I upgraded the laptop from
0.13 to 1.0 the laptop also started behaving the same.

The examples in the  api docs at
http://rubyonrails.org/api/classes/ActionView/Help...
suggest this call is still valid and the parameter should be passed.

Am I misunderstanding the docs? Or just plain doin something wrong?

Cheers
Dave Smylie
F719c6cb34bd5b691c12b373b7244b4d?d=identicon&s=25 Dorian Mcfarland (tachekent)
try:
:show_layout => 'false'
?
Dorian Mcfarland wrote:

> try:
> :show_layout => 'false'
> ?

damn. simple as that. don't i feel retarded =)
presumably you can only send text as it's being passed as part of a url?

thanks =)