Forum: Ruby on Rails ActionMailer - help!

1e2dd87a31c5d3e07adc9efa375f4dc4?d=identicon&s=25 hreyaatnh (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 18:58
I want to send myself an email when someone comments on my site.  I
setup actionmailer in the environment.rb file, but how do I actually
send an email?  Is it right after "post.save" or something?  If so,
what's the syntax?

Thanks for any help.
5d15c6821f3c3054c04b85471824ba7c?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Teare (Guest)
You will want to send the email after post.save since you only want to
send notifications once the transaction completes successfully.

As for syntax, checkout http://am.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionMailer/
Base.html

On Tuesday, March 14, 2006, at 6:58 PM, hreyaatnh wrote:
>Rails mailing list
>Rails@lists.rubyonrails.org

Cheers!
--Dave Teare