Forum: Ruby on Rails Lighttpd stops after serving 2 requests.

01dcd647d65f131df96e3c0bc969dcb4?d=identicon&s=25 Arpan (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 15:19
I made a clean install of my system yesterday, and installed ROR and
related items using the script from nubyonrails.

Now whenever I start the server, it stops after a couple requests. If I
force it to start using webbrick, it works OK. I even created a fresh
rails app to test it and I continue to get the same problem, so the
problem is definitely not in the code.

Does anyone know what the problem might be, and how to solve it?

Mac OS X 10.3.9
Ruby 1.8.4
Rails 1.0
Lighttpd 1.4.8

I've pasted fastcgi.crash.log here:
http://rafb.net/paste/results/080BXF63.html

All the other log files do not show any error.

Thanks
Arpan
01dcd647d65f131df96e3c0bc969dcb4?d=identicon&s=25 Arpan (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 19:55
does anyone know how to solve this problem?
132a94ca65959bda6c74fae54bff2425?d=identicon&s=25 Ezra Zygmuntowicz (Guest)
On Mar 14, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Arpan wrote:

> does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>
> --

Arpan-

	I'm not sure why this is but commenting out this line fixed the same
problem for me a while ago on osx:

#server.event-handler = "freebsd-kqueue"

Cheers-
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
ezra@yakima-herald.com
01dcd647d65f131df96e3c0bc969dcb4?d=identicon&s=25 Arpan (Guest)
on 2006-03-15 10:05

> Arpan-
>
> 	I'm not sure why this is but commenting out this line fixed the same
> problem for me a while ago on osx:
>
> #server.event-handler = "freebsd-kqueue"

I tried searching for that line, but could not find it. In which file is
it?

Thanks for the help.
Arpan