Forum: Ruby on Rails Framework

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
E3a276a4c16a6d3efce7336591ea55bd?d=identicon&s=25 Bruno Alberto (beer)
on 2006-03-14 04:40
hello all,

I need any framework that generate models using the database
structure....
Anyone knows if have this framework????


Thank's
2c80e1b0837eec76d38d4f7fa1c15e87?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Gorsuch (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 04:43
(Received via mailing list)
Bruno  - ActiveRecord in Rails does just this: it allows you to build
a model which has all of the attributes of the database table.
E3a276a4c16a6d3efce7336591ea55bd?d=identicon&s=25 Bruno Alberto (beer)
on 2006-03-14 12:53
Michael Gorsuch wrote:
> Bruno  - ActiveRecord in Rails does just this: it allows you to build
> a model which has all of the attributes of the database table.


I want a framework that create assosiations of ActiveRecord with only
the struct of database...
B1d59a804bd67487c964bc505a8eb892?d=identicon&s=25 Thiago Arrais (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 13:15
(Received via mailing list)
On 3/14/06, Bruno Alberto <bleerloko@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want a framework that create assosiations of ActiveRecord with only
> the struct of database...

What do you mean by "only the struct of database". Can you provide an
example or common use case for this framework?

It seems like what you want is good old ActiveRecord.

Cheers,

Thiago Arrais
2c80e1b0837eec76d38d4f7fa1c15e87?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Gorsuch (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 13:18
(Received via mailing list)
I think what Bruno wants is a method to automatically build to
associations based on relationships in the database.

As far as I know, this isn't possible.
E3a276a4c16a6d3efce7336591ea55bd?d=identicon&s=25 Bruno Alberto (beer)
on 2006-03-14 13:25
Michael Gorsuch wrote:
> I think what Bruno wants is a method to automatically build to
> associations based on relationships in the database.
>
> As far as I know, this isn't possible.

Yes Michael i need this.......I have any ideas to create this but before
i needed knows if this frameworks exist...
B1d59a804bd67487c964bc505a8eb892?d=identicon&s=25 Thiago Arrais (Guest)
on 2006-03-14 18:14
(Received via mailing list)
Bruno,

On 3/14/06, Bruno Alberto <bleerloko@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Gorsuch wrote:
> > I think what Bruno wants is a method to automatically build to
> > associations based on relationships in the database.
>
> Yes Michael i need this.......I have any ideas to create this but before
> i needed knows if this frameworks exist...

Hmm... I think I now get what you want to do. I actually have worked
on a project to do almost that, generating code to map relational
database/table relationships to object oriented/class relationships. I
am sorry to say that at least this part of the project didn't turn out
very well.

Anyway, I am interested in watching your efforts (and even
contributing, shall my free time increase). Do you ultimately plan to
build this framework on an open-source fashion (in case you don't find
what you want)? Please let me know of any progress.

Thanks,

Thiago Arrais
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.