Forum: Ruby Instiki on shared host?

F82cffce6c0b609f002236943a6b3301?d=identicon&s=25 grrr (Guest)
Anyone ever attempted this? My host is shared *nix style with ruby
1.8.2.

Is it possible to get it running under my public_html folder?
7a96c53d8f95cb3388f42dc1b3390122?d=identicon&s=25 Frank (Guest)
grrr wrote:
> Anyone ever attempted this? My host is shared *nix style with ruby 1.8.2.
>
> Is it possible to get it running under my public_html folder?

I have instiki-ar(beta1), running somewhat correctly on apache 2 with
mod_fastcgi and sqlite3 for storage.

Limited to one fastcgi process as caching made a mess out of things with
two (didn't investigate yet). Also, textile formatting isn't working
right for some reason.

Haven't used or tested extensively, merely installed it and created 3-4
simple pages to make sure 'the basics' are working.

If you go for instiki-ar, please share your experiences.

-f
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:45:25 +0100, Frank wrote:

> grrr wrote:
>> Anyone ever attempted this? My host is shared *nix style with ruby
>> 1.8.2.
>>
>> Is it possible to get it running under my public_html folder?
>>
> I have instiki-ar(beta1), running somewhat correctly on apache 2 with
> mod_fastcgi and sqlite3 for storage.
I am asking because I have no idea how to do it. I am used to
apt-getting
on my home debian. If you dont mind could you please describe briefly
How
did you install and set it up?
grrr wrote:
> I am asking because I have no idea how to do it. I am used to apt-getting
> on my home debian. If you dont mind could you please describe briefly How
> did you install and set it up?

You may find something of use here:
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/instiki-users/

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/instiki-users/2006-...
is how I did things, but in addition i had to clean out the vendors
directory and install rails and the other libraries using gem.

Admit I'm shopping around for other Wikis now, though. Instiki wasn't a
perfect match for me, and the project seems fairly dead atm.

-f