Forum: Ruby on Rails Multiple instances of the same app

I've got the same basic app that I'd like to run on a couple domains.
It's very simple and the functionality would stay the same, but
templates would be different.  I was wondering if there's a way I can
just run one instance of the app so that I don't have to have multiple
fcgi processes for each site.  Is that a good approach for something
like a simple blog?  This way it wouldn't take much memory at all.
How would I go about ensuring that requests use the correct database,
and how about handling different templates?

Pat
Abdf9626d4bdacbe16703056e37215d5?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Cartwright (Guest)
Pat Maddox <pergesu@...> writes:

> Pat

Check out the following page for "Productizing Your Rails App"...
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/RailsProdu...