Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] JobsOnRails

4582790b49e9cca7c2d24cbca567ee28?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Sinclair (bensinc)
on 2006-03-13 17:55
Announcing... JobsOnRails!

I'm creating on a Ruby on Rails oriented job site and will be launching
in the next few weeks. It's a Rails-centric place for developers and
employers to get in touch with a minimum of hassle.

For now, I have a short outline of my ideas and an email signup form on
the live site at http://www.jobsonrails.com.

The site is coming along nicely and should be useful for developers and
employers. It also includes a section specifically for individual
projects that can be done by freelancers.

There is definitely a no-hassle philosophy behind users of Rails, and I
want to apply this to the job seeking world as well. This is just a
project of mine, and I will of course be providing it free of charge.

Thanks!
9618e8fca8d72bf01814276c53c2568c?d=identicon&s=25 Robert MannI (Guest)
Very cool, great job.

I also use Jobs.RubyNow.com sometimes, but since this will be more
Rails centric, it will be a useful site for the Rails community. Cool
stuff, thanks
2c80e1b0837eec76d38d4f7fa1c15e87?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Gorsuch (Guest)
Very cool, Ben.

Is this a Ruby / Rails only job place, or will it go beyond?
4582790b49e9cca7c2d24cbca567ee28?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Sinclair (bensinc)
on 2006-03-13 18:23
For now it will only be for Ruby on Rails, mostly because that's what
I'm interested in. Of course, there is no reason I couldn't use the site
I'm building for something else in the future.

I like Jobs.RubyNow.com too, but my site is more along the lines of the
mainstream job sites.

You can create an account and attach a short profile and your resume,
then when you see a job you want, you click one button and your resume
is sent. You can also attach a custom cover letter for each job if you
want.

Employers can just as easily login and create job listings, as well as
search for people.

I'm trying to make it more personal and informal than the "real" job
sites.

Michael Gorsuch wrote:
> Very cool, Ben.
>
> Is this a Ruby / Rails only job place, or will it go beyond?
49e98c4a13a5203ecff5d2d0774f8991?d=identicon&s=25 Matthijs Langenberg (Guest)
Nice idea!
It's great to have a central place for stuff like this.
I'm certainly going to use it when it's done.
6b655cbfb773c06803214fdf03fa8d1c?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Wilcoxen (Guest)
Actually it would be _really_ keen if you could join forces with the
jobs.rubynow.com guys so there would _continue_ to be a central place
for
stuff like this. :)

-Tom
4582790b49e9cca7c2d24cbca567ee28?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Sinclair (bensinc)
on 2006-03-13 20:50
That's a good idea, I'll ask them about it!