Forum: Ruby on Rails Routing in Rails

2c39e92d3b9c68c7377c4cdb80469f93?d=identicon&s=25 Bart Braem (Guest)
I am fiddling around with some special setups and my routing does not
work.
So I wonder: how does routing work in Rails?
Is everything caught by dispatch.cgi script because it is the 404
handler?
What happens with static content? Is it supposed to be found before the
cgi
script?
C5b6840775639751136a320d3cb47b12?d=identicon&s=25 Cheltis (Guest)
on 2006-03-13 11:13
In default installation, every request to the file that does not exist
is handled by dispatch.cgi
This is set up in public/.htaccess

Cheltis wrote:

> In default installation, every request to the file that does not exist
> is handled by dispatch.cgi
> This is set up in public/.htaccess

That's interesting. Say I have a setup with
ActionController::AbstractRequest.relative_url_root set. Then that will
not
work for existing/static files. So images etc. will not work, right?