Forum: Ruby on Rails DreamHost problems (SSH)

1e2dd87a31c5d3e07adc9efa375f4dc4?d=identicon&s=25 ryan (Guest)
on 2006-03-13 06:01
I'm trying to setup my rails app using a command line tool, but I can't
connect.  I'm using SSH Secure Shell, and when I do connect, it says
"This account is setup for FTP access only."

How can I setup my rails application?  Or can I just copy the folders
over, just making sure it's under the folder "mydomain.com" ?

Please help!  Thanks...
3f900b38ec3b2c45427c354722fa4ce3?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Fakes (tomfakes)
You need to set your account to have Shell access.  You can do this in
their
admin pages, under Manage Users - edit the settings for your user
account
and the Shell setting is right after changing the user's name.

If you want to use Capistrano to deploy your app (and you should), you
should make sure to use the /bin/bash shell (which is the default)
50b0c7ff7b5436d6585e8384045cc04a?d=identicon&s=25 Stefan (Guest)
on 2006-03-13 08:50
ryan wrote:
> Or can I just copy the folders
> over, just making sure it's under the folder "mydomain.com" ?

As above but I'm pretty sure you can just copy the folders and files. I
did that with Typo and had no problems.
Eea7ad39737b0dbf3de38874e0a6c7d8?d=identicon&s=25 Justin Forder (Guest)
ryan wrote:

> How can I setup my rails application?  Or can I just copy the folders
> over, just making sure it's under the folder "mydomain.com" ?

There's good guidance here:

   http://www.railshosting.org/#dreamhost

regards

   Justin