Forum: Inkscape how to crop an exported pdf

00e2131ef3cdc5bc60404d67b1568f67?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Hello,

I'm quite new to inkscape, and I'm trying to use it to include
graphics in pdflatex/beamer presentation.

Thus I need to export the graphics in pdf. It works well, but my 3cm
square figure take a whole pdf page !

I guess I could crop the resulting pdf with imagemagick, but I also
wonder if there is a way to do it directly from inkscape.

the command line options such as --export-area-drawing seem to only
apply to bitmap export

Any hint ?

(I'm using inkscape 0.43 from debian testing, and I'm not in the list)

Thanks a lot in advance

--
Sébastien BARTH�LEMY
812ca5f14662dfd8426d2e29be2e5342?d=identicon&s=25 Thetargos (Guest)

The working around I found is to save your figures in eps (with the
right
size) and then use epstopdf to convert it to pdf. The pdf size is then
the
same than the eps one...

Anyone know how to make it directly from inkscape?

Lynda

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:37:42 +0100, Sébastien BARTH�LEMY wrote:

> the command line options such as --export-area-drawing seem to only apply
> to bitmap export
>
> Any hint ?
>
> (I'm using inkscape 0.43 from debian testing, and I'm not in the list)
>
> Thanks a lot in advance

language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live
webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding
territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944...
7bda5d2d0030d01c30195cdced6a1f32?d=identicon&s=25 Egor (Guest)
on 2006-11-23 11:36
Lynda Metref wrote:

> Anyone know how to make it directly from inkscape?

Yes, go to File -> Document properties -> On the page tab (first one) in
the Format, Custom size box, click the button "Fit page to selection"

That should do the trick.

Cheers,
Egor
Existing account