Forum: Ruby on Rails Displaying a Tree

1a4f96b06801ac0e30fda3bb0f795313?d=identicon&s=25 Pete Palmer (ppalmer)

Just a request for comments and ideas really. I need to display a Tree
so that users can easily navigate to and from the various branches. I'm
not really sure how best to do this, so I thought I'd ask here in case
anyone had any ideas...

Thanks in advance!
A393d0639e9c313bcee804a12303b9e5?d=identicon&s=25 Gaudi Mi (gaudimila)
on 2006-03-12 04:02
I take it this is a generic browser/html question and doesn't really
have a Ruby/Rails aspect to it?

I would suggest one of the various JavaScript tree code snippets that
I've seen on the web for years.  Also there are Java applet
implementations.

Pete Palmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a request for comments and ideas really. I need to display a Tree
> so that users can easily navigate to and from the various branches. I'm
> not really sure how best to do this, so I thought I'd ask here in case
> anyone had any ideas...
>
> Thanks in advance!
B07fcd81d491ce2209d7995c4a851f9a?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Viney (Guest)
Dojo has a nice tree widget. Check out dojotoolkit.org.

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/dojo-2006-03-11/tests/widget/

Have a look at the test_Tree_*.html examples.

-Jonathan.

http://www.epiphyte.ca/code/live_tree.html

--
-- Tom Mornini