Forum: Ruby on Rails Generating RSS 1.0

B0ff75d809fdbc09adaba01ffb451c70?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Flynn (analogue40)
on 2006-03-10 19:36
Hi All,
I bought the 'beta book' of Rails Recipes from pragprog and there's a
tutorial in there for producing RSS 2.0, i'd like to generate RSS (RDF)
1.0 though. Can anyone point in the right direction. I've had little
luck finding detailed information on the ruby XML class.

Thanks
1843ba3c4ff9cc702bc3474223a0acc6?d=identicon&s=25 Tony Jin (tony)
on 2006-03-10 20:01
dave flynn wrote:
> Hi All,
> I bought the 'beta book' of Rails Recipes from pragprog and there's a
> tutorial in there for producing RSS 2.0, i'd like to generate RSS (RDF)
> 1.0 though. Can anyone point in the right direction. I've had little
> luck finding detailed information on the ruby XML class.
>
> Thanks

XML package REXML comes with Ruby, it supports XPath.
You can find information here:
http://www.germane-software.com/software/rexml/doc...

- Tony
B0ff75d809fdbc09adaba01ffb451c70?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Flynn (analogue40)
on 2006-03-10 22:34
Tony Jin wrote:

> XML package REXML comes with Ruby, it supports XPath.
> You can find information here:
> http://www.germane-software.com/software/rexml/doc...
>
> - Tony

Excellent, thanks!