XML Databinding frameworks

Are there any XML databinding frameworks available for Ruby / Rails,
such as
Castor or JaXB for Java?

Also are there framework such as Apache Axis for WebServices for Rails
or
Ruby?

Regards,

Harm de Laat

This is all I’ve been able find for Ruby to XML mapping:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/xml-mapping/

Haven’t tried it yet.

Rails has webservice stuff built in… is there something Axis does that
ActionWebService
doesn’t?

Well the thing I wrote: http://rubyforge.org/projects/xampl/
xampl’s beginnings are as an XML binding but that is only one of the
things it does.

I’ll be releasing it as a plug-in for Rails soon.

Cheers,
Bob

On Mar 10, 2006, at 11:00 AM, Harm de Laat wrote:

Rails mailing list

Bob H. – blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/
hutch/>
Recursive Design Inc. – http://www.recursive.ca/
Raconteur – http://www.raconteur.info/
xampl for Ruby – http://rubyforge.org/projects/xampl/

Hi Bob,

That’s impressive! Any idea when you’ll be making the plug-in
available?
I’m using Instant Rails on Windows 2K. Any thoughts re: use on that
platform ? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bill