Forum: Rails Engines Engine schema modifications and migrations

D4e51fd9554030ab55c379fdc1a34826?d=identicon&s=25 Keith Lancaster (klancaster)
on 2006-03-10 15:57
Before I strike out and try to invent something, I wanted to know if
anybody had addressed this issue.

We are using the login/user engines to manage security, etc. We have a
need to add columns to the user and permissions tables. Is there any
standard way to override / augment the engine migrations *without*
hacking those in the vendor directory? IOW, I'd like to add/override
some migration functions in some way similar to the way we override
views/controllers.

Any thoughts?

Keith
There's no reason why you can't drop or add columns to the tables
which are created by the engine migrations - you just need to be
careful about the order in which you migrate your systems (i.e.
probably engines first, and then your specific application migrations
second).

- james

On 3/10/06, Keith Lancaster <klancaster1957@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any thoughts?