Forum: Ruby on Rails Textmate Rails Plugin Cheat Sheet

10c741d575988433e3fcd04133f3c462?d=identicon&s=25 Sebastian Friedrich (Guest)
I'm a slow learner when it come to shortcuts and i got real tired
looking up Textmate's Rails snippets & commands in the context menu.
So i fired up trusty OmniGraffle and quickly created a little Cheat
Sheet for all default snippets/macros/commands in Textmate's current
Rails Bundle. Certainly helped me to remember these quickly. So, if
you're using Textmate and, like me, can't remember all the handy
shortcuts and tab triggers, feel free to download the pdf I put
together:

http://feldpost.com/lighthaus/textmate_rails.pdf.

Feel free to repost it if you find it any useful.

This relates to the syncPEOPLE on Rails 1.0 bundle, which now comes
standard with Textmate (if you haven't recently updated your textmate
bundles, you can also download the latest bundle here: http://
inquirylabs.com/downloads/syncPeople%20on%20Rails%201.0.dmg)

If you've only used this Rails bundle casually, i'd really recommend
taking a closer look and checking out some of its awesome features,
like the ability to temporally pull all partials into the main View
and the auto self-down on table/column drops in Migrations etc. Check
out this video: http://media.libsyn.com/media/beercaster/
TextMateRailsBundle640x480.mov or read about the features: http://
syncpeople.com/downloads/syncpeople_on_rails_features. Thanks to
Duane Johnson and syncPEOPLE for creating such an awesome bundle.

Sebastian
8e44c65ac5b896da534ef2440121c953?d=identicon&s=25 Ezra Zygmuntowicz (Guest)
On Mar 9, 2006, at 11:22 PM, Sebastian Friedrich wrote:

> main View and the auto self-down on table/column drops in

Damn, very cool.

Thanks-
-Ezra
A2c85dc5ee81b12e3cc0a6522e8d079d?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Hall (Guest)
very nice.  thank you for this.
F734b6ca0eb2ebd01744224437a72498?d=identicon&s=25 Harm de Laat (Guest)
second that!

Thanks a lot!
0b1b1c3a746a2e346d8cae668b109b6e?d=identicon&s=25 Chris McGrath (Guest)
Sebastian Friedrich <sebastian@...> writes:

> http://feldpost.com/lighthaus/textmate_rails.pdf.

That's a nice chaatsheet. I had the same problem as you and came up with
different solution, http://keyref.octopod.info. This little rails app
allows you
to paste the shortcuts in from Textmate and make your own refcard
including any
shortcuts you've added yourself. It uses PDF::Writer and doesn't look
anything
like as nice as yours but it's very handy if you get the bundles from
SVN and
want a ref for the new stuff.

I'm interested in any feedback people have for me.

Cheers,

Chris
chris@octopod.info
octopod on freenode
http://keyref.octopod.info
37b7b848b1e3d667174d28d32d04bcee?d=identicon&s=25 Charles M. Gerungan (Guest)
On 10-mrt-2006, at 17:01, Chris McGrath wrote:

> That's a nice chaatsheet. I had the same problem as you and came up
> with a
> different solution, http://keyref.octopod.info.

Awesome!

> This little rails app allows you to paste the shortcuts in from
> Textmate and make your own refcard including any shortcuts you've
> added yourself. It uses PDF::Writer and doesn't look anything like
> as nice as yours but it's very handy if you get the bundles from
> SVN and want a ref for the new stuff.

The dragging of Bundles and thus selection of them is very nice indeed.

--
Regards, Charles.
On 10 Mar 2006, at 16:35, Charles M. Gerungan wrote:
>> This little rails app allows you to paste the shortcuts in from
>> Textmate and make your own refcard including any shortcuts you've
>> added yourself. It uses PDF::Writer and doesn't look anything like
>> as nice as yours but it's very handy if you get the bundles from
>> SVN and want a ref for the new stuff.
>
> The dragging of Bundles and thus selection of them is very nice
> indeed.

Thanks Charles, you can also re-order the list on the right by drag
and drop to change the order the bundles appear in the PDF.

Chris
10c741d575988433e3fcd04133f3c462?d=identicon&s=25 Sebastian Friedrich (Guest)
This sounds very cool indeed. It seems i'm getting an application
error though after pasting the shortcuts. Should i copy the entire
output or just the section for one bundle? But this is great stuff.
Thanks.

Sebastian
D8cb8c8cd40ddf0cd05241443a591868?d=identicon&s=25 Duane Johnson (Guest)
On Mar 10, 2006, at 12:22 AM, Sebastian Friedrich wrote:

> main View and the auto self-down on table/column drops in
> Migrations etc. Check out this video: http://media.libsyn.com/media/
> beercaster/TextMateRailsBundle640x480.mov or read about the
> features: http://syncpeople.com/downloads/
> syncpeople_on_rails_features. Thanks to Duane Johnson and
> syncPEOPLE for creating such an awesome bundle.
>
> Sebastian

Thanks for making this much-improved documentation, Sebastian.  I
found out about your cool chart from Nathaniel Brown on O'Reilly,
then blogged briefly about it at http://blog.inquirylabs.com/
2006/03/10/rails-cheat-sheat-for-textmate/

Regards,

Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/
10c741d575988433e3fcd04133f3c462?d=identicon&s=25 Sebastian Friedrich (Guest)
thanks to both of you for blogging about it.

Duane, lemme know when anything changes and i can try to  keep this
updated (and maybe make it look a little nicer too. ) Keep up the
great work!

sebastian
9359c55265282005c24e27721a45c76a?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Mcgrath (Guest)
On 10 Mar 2006, at 18:42, Sebastian Friedrich wrote:

> This sounds very cool indeed. It seems i'm getting an application
> error though after pasting the shortcuts. Should i copy the entire
> output or just the section for one bundle? But this is great stuff.
> Thanks.
>
> Sebastian

Copy the entire output. If it's still not working send me the output
off-list and I'll see what the problem is.

Cheers,

Chris