Forum: Ruby Ideas for program

9d8ed2c739fd50f5adba56b26652386c?d=identicon&s=25 Jesse Mc (Guest)
on 2006-03-10 02:42
I've just recently learned how to work with the ruby language and so
i've been trying to make a little dice rolling program.  I was wanting
to make it to where you could roll several different dice like d20, 10,
6,ect.  I was just wondering how you would go about doing it.
9dfe8c734b0f9b37a4e218425c0a2138?d=identicon&s=25 Gene Tani (Guest)

"Gene Tani" <gene.tani@gmail.com> writes:

> http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz19.html

Did you mean?:

http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz61.html
On 3/9/06, Jesse Mc <demon1312@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've just recently learned how to work with the ruby language and so
> i've been trying to make a little dice rolling program.  I was wanting
> to make it to where you could roll several different dice like d20, 10,
> 6,ect.  I was just wondering how you would go about doing it.

in Gambit, we added a method to Integer
so you could do stuff like

3.d(2)

http://gambit.rubyforge.org/classes/Integer.html

Also, see the rest of the dice interface for ideas.

http://gambit.rubyforge.org/classes/Gambit/Tools/Dice.html