Forum: Ruby on Rails In Place Editor and Empty Fields

A7db9ec803b5895ae5f916a74e2db329?d=identicon&s=25 HH (Guest)
So, the InPlaceEditor with AJAX is all nice and dandy, works great.

What about fields that don't have any content? As far as I can tell,
this
doesn't work so well - there's nothing to click on so no edit form pops
up...

Am I missing something?

HH
3fdda7e032a5619199486d05b506ced4?d=identicon&s=25 Brad Daily (bdaily)
on 2006-03-10 01:50
I use before_save actions in my model to ensure that empty fields are
filled with 'N/A' or some other relevant filler.

HH wrote:
> So, the InPlaceEditor with AJAX is all nice and dandy, works great.
>
> What about fields that don't have any content? As far as I can tell,
> this
> doesn't work so well - there's nothing to click on so no edit form pops
> up...
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> HH
A7db9ec803b5895ae5f916a74e2db329?d=identicon&s=25 HH (Guest)
Yeah, that would work.

What I ended up doing was having an external edit DIV ID and using that
trigger the edit field, sorta like Backpack does. Works great, even on
empty
fields.
512aa9434cec41da1cae7881a49618d6?d=identicon&s=25 Denise Eatherly (eatherly)

I've seen quite a few posts about this problem, but still can't seem
to find an answer.  I'm trying to set up multiple apps on our web
hosting server ( running CentOS with Apache 1.3)  and on two of my
apps I keep getting the error:
FastCGI: incomplete headers (35 bytes) received from server "/path/
app/public/dispatch.fcgi"

These apps have run on this server before.

I know this is often caused by session conflicts but I have closed
the browser, emptied its cache and deleted all session data on the
server and it makes no difference. ( Besides, all the apps but one
have special session_keys set.  Neither of the working apps have a
special session key set.  However, if I remove that feature from the
broken ones, it doesn't help.  )

Apparently it is also sometimes caused by problems with the
database.yml file, so I copied the database.yml file from one of the
working apps( they both use the same database - the working app has
more extensive permissions.)  No joy.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I am baffled.

Thanks,
Denise