Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] syncPEOPLE on Rails TextMate Bundle 1.0 & Screencast

D8cb8c8cd40ddf0cd05241443a591868?d=identicon&s=25 Duane Johnson (Guest)
The 1.0 version of our bundle is now available for download, along
with a 10 minute demonstration of it in use.  See http://
syncpeople.com/downloads.

== What is syncPEOPLE on Rails? ==
syncPEOPLE on Rails is a bundle of snippets, macros and commands for
TextMate that make Rails development on the Mac even easier.
Generate scaffolds, migrations, models and controllers from inside
the editor.  Use snippets to automatically fill complementary
migrations in the self.down method.  Edit partials inline, or create
a partial from a selection.  Move easily between controller, view and
functional test.

== Watch the Screencast ==
I (Duane) have put together a 10-min screencast of the bundle in
action.  View it at
   http://media.libsyn.com/media/beercaster/
TextMateRailsBundle640x480.mov

== Download the Disk Image ==
http://inquirylabs.com/downloads/syncPeople%20on%2...

== Find out More ==
Visit http://syncpeople.com/downloads and http://syncpeople.com/
downloads/syncpeople_on_rails_features

Regards,

Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/
47093444301bbde90d0aef5fa5c3ac86?d=identicon&s=25 John Hornbeck (Guest)
Thanks!

John
6e09635022712a6dd26b9510a2c96820?d=identicon&s=25 Pazu (Guest)
Duane Johnson <duane.johnson@...> writes:

> The 1.0 version of our bundle is now available for download, along with a 10
> minute demonstration of it in use.  See http://syncpeople.com/downloads.

Duane, this looks *awesome*. This is the kind of thing that makes me
rething the
whole not buying a Mac thing.

I can definitely feel the inspiration here; I'm a Java developer by day,
and
IntelliJ IDEA is my tool of trade. The things you can do with this
bundle
reminds me of IDEA's earliest days, when I first realized that fancy
wizards are
just rubbish: it's code navigation and analysis that can really boost
your
productivity.

Congratulations on a job very well done!

-- Pazu <pazu@pazu.com.br>
981b75f949c81efad3bc4b3c4ea88332?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Becker (Guest)
Yeah, this looks great. My MacBook is on the way, and this will be one
of the first things on it. :)

--
Scott Becker
Web Developer

Electro Interactive
http://www.ElectroInteractive.com
Blog: http://synthesis.sbecker.net
10c741d575988433e3fcd04133f3c462?d=identicon&s=25 Sebastian Friedrich (Guest)
sorry, i somehow missed this post before. i guess that makes my
cares, i put together a little cheat sheet based for using your
plugin. might be helpful to some anyways....

http://feldpost.com/lighthaus/textmate_rails.pdf.

lemme know if i missed anything :)

Thanks again, this plugin is awesome!

Sebastian
Ad91bce9c9a8c68b6942607e4721f74e?d=identicon&s=25 Beate Paland (Guest)
Hi sebastian,

2006/3/10, Sebastian Friedrich <sebastian@feldpost.com>:
> sorry, i somehow missed this post before. i guess that makes my previous
> message a little redundant.... however, for anybody who cares, i put
> together a little cheat sheet based for using your plugin. might be helpful
> to some anyways....
>
> http://feldpost.com/lighthaus/textmate_rails.pdf.

This is cool, I already started a TM-Rails-Cheatsheet too, but never
complete it.

Thanks!

Beate
Ef0db53920b243d6758c2f6b1306df0d?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Ross (cwd)
on 2006-03-10 20:54
Duane--

Thanks for this great bundle.

May I request an addition for the next release? I always have to put
this one in:

Controller-snippet:

ldb -> logger.debug "debug_message"

Also, when I use cmd+alt+down, it used to work, but now it takes me to
the test case. Any thoughts as to why?

Thanks again.

Duane Johnson wrote:
> The 1.0 version of our bundle is now available for download, along
> with a 10 minute demonstration of it in use.  See http://
> syncpeople.com/downloads.
>
> == What is syncPEOPLE on Rails? ==
> syncPEOPLE on Rails is a bundle of snippets, macros and commands for
> TextMate that make Rails development on the Mac even easier.
> Generate scaffolds, migrations, models and controllers from inside
> the editor.  Use snippets to automatically fill complementary
> migrations in the self.down method.  Edit partials inline, or create
> a partial from a selection.  Move easily between controller, view and
> functional test.
>
> == Watch the Screencast ==
> I (Duane) have put together a 10-min screencast of the bundle in
> action.  View it at
>    http://media.libsyn.com/media/beercaster/
> TextMateRailsBundle640x480.mov
>
> == Download the Disk Image ==
> http://inquirylabs.com/downloads/syncPeople%20on%2...
>
> == Find out More ==
> Visit http://syncpeople.com/downloads and http://syncpeople.com/
> downloads/syncpeople_on_rails_features
>
> Regards,
>
> Duane Johnson
> (canadaduane)
> http://blog.inquirylabs.com/
C27e9fe209955cdd75f249e7466302e9?d=identicon&s=25 John Dell (Guest)
Duane Johnson wrote:
> The 1.0 version of our bundle is now available for download, along with
> a 10 minute demonstration of it in use.
> See http://syncpeople.com/downloads.

Hi Duane,

Awesome stuff.  Is this any different than the bundle you can download
via the textmate subversion repository?  I noticed that your name showed
up in the check-in logs, so I'm guessing they are the same.

Can you clarify that?

Thanks!
John
On Mar 10, 2006, at 1:07 PM, John Dell wrote:

> the same.
>
> Can you clarify that?

Yes, this is the same bundle.  I made an arrangement with Allan
Odgaard (the creator of TextMate) to go on calling this the
syncPEOPLE on Rails bundle for a little while since, a) that's how it
started and I didn't want to create too much confusion (looks like
that part failed :) and b) I wanted to give credit where credit is
due since this was made possible by the support of my partners at
syncPEOPLE.

I hope that clears things up :)

Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/
D8cb8c8cd40ddf0cd05241443a591868?d=identicon&s=25 Duane Johnson (Guest)
On Mar 10, 2006, at 12:54 PM, Steve Ross wrote:

Great suggestion.  I'll add that.

> Also, when I use cmd+alt+down, it used to work, but now it takes me to
> the test case. Any thoughts as to why?

Where is your caret located, and in what scope?  Try ctrl-shift-p to
get the scope.  Perhaps I changed something unintentionally?

Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/
On Mar 9, 2006, at 7:16 PM, Pazu wrote:
> just rubbish: it's code navigation and analysis that can really
> boost your
> productivity.
>
> Congratulations on a job very well done!
>
> -- Pazu <pazu@pazu.com.br>

Thanks, Pazu (et al.)  If you're interested in another nice addition,
check out the x51 bundle from Thomas Aylott: http://
subtlegradient.com/articles/2006/02/05/my_textmate_bundles_etc

I really dig his new bindings for "home" and "end" in TextMate (he
calls it the balance jr. command).

Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/
Ef0db53920b243d6758c2f6b1306df0d?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Ross (cwd)
on 2006-03-11 05:19
The caret is located in source.ruby.rails meta.rails.controller. Just
how far into a method do I need to get in order for this to work. I'm
pretty certain you have this right and I have it wrong, but I'm failing
to see the problem.

The migrations stuff is great! Another thing I've been adding in is (and
I'm looking for a better trigger):

pid -> params[:id]
fi -> flash[:info]
fw -> flash[:warning]
fe -> flash[:error]

These just happen to be snippets I type all the time, so they're
naturals :)

Thanks,

Steve