RE: best way to combine results from two tables

I think you can do this with a join… Give me the code for both of
your tables… Let me give it a shot :slight_smile:

-B

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Larry W.
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 11:09 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Rails] best way to combine results from two tables

I was wondering about that (view-table equivalence). Also not sure how
to create a view that concatenates data from two tables (rather than
joining), but I posted on the postgresql list for that one.

Since I’m starting to think that rolling my own would mean i can’t get
pagination to work, i will probably try the db way.

On 3/9/06, Brian C. < [email protected]> wrote:

I’m going to throw my .02 in on this one.

I’m a long time DBA, and in my opinion, some things are just better left
to the database as a view (as you stated), a stored procedure, or a
table returning function. There are many many complex data operations
that will occur much faster if run natively on the database.
(Operations that require temp tables, and cubes, etc. come to mind)

At any rate, my guess is that rails would treat a view and a tables the
same way…