Forum: Ruby Displaying Marshalled Object from HTTPServlet::FileHandler

Af3f52d9cbe0a565f8b39586172fa57c?d=identicon&s=25 Miles Monroe (hackdaddy)
on 2006-03-09 02:58
Hi.  I have a series of objects I have marshalled to disk as files.

When I browse the marshalled files in the directory browser, I would
like them to be able to be loaded by the marshaller and then display
information about themselves as HTML embedded in the directory listing
HTML page.

How do I go about implementing this?

Thanks.
Af3f52d9cbe0a565f8b39586172fa57c?d=identicon&s=25 Miles Monroe (hackdaddy)
on 2006-03-09 03:26
Aaron Becker wrote:

> Hi.  I have a series of objects I have marshalled to disk as files.
>
> When I browse the marshalled files in the directory browser, I would
> like them to be able to be loaded by the marshaller and then display
> information about themselves as HTML embedded in the directory listing
> HTML page.
>
> How do I go about implementing this?
>
> Thanks.

Looks like I just need to inherit from HTTPServlet::FileHandle and
override the set_dir_list method.

I'm a newbie with Ruby.  What's the easiest way to do this?

Thanks.