Forum: Ruby Re: unicode in ruby

67bb4df2775f6a6b603347dce7119571?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Have you tried  ruby-oniguruma
_http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/oniguruma/_
(http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/oniguruma/)     ?

Best regards,

Axel
F889bf17449ffbf62345d2b2d316a937?d=identicon&s=25 Michal Suchanek (Guest)
On 3/8/06, Nuralanur@aol.com <Nuralanur@aol.com> wrote:
> Have you tried  ruby-oniguruma _http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/oniguruma/_
> (http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/oniguruma/)     ?

No. I want an unicode string processing library, not an unicode regexp
library. Currently I am working  on a program that needs to work with
Czech text.
Unicode is not supported in current ruby (1.8), and I can work around
that by using iso-8859-2. I choose the workaround because I need ease
of installation, and the latin2 encoding is still widely used.
With ruby 2 onigurama should be part of the interpreter. But it still
does not give me downcase in utf-8. At least it should be possible to
split a string into characters using Onigurama, and process the
characters myself.

Thanks

Michal

--
             Support the freedom of music!
Maybe it's a weird genre  ..  but weird is *not* illegal.