Forum: Ruby on Rails scrollbar doesn't show on the right place when using partial

14b7344777a56ac9a1fad849f5d6da2a?d=identicon&s=25 sayoyo Sayoyo (sayoyo)

I'm using partial() to connect ours pages togother,
however, one of the partials is larger than the other,
when it happens, instead of create a scrollbar on the
browser, a scrollbar appears at the end of the
partial, since the partial is in the middle of the web
site. it isn't really good... So does some one know
how to remove the scrollbar on the partial and put it
on the browser?

Thanks you very much

Saiho

The mind is its own place, and in itself.
Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

http://www.geocities.com/sayoyo/

> I'm using partial() to connect ours pages togother,
> however, one of the partials is larger than the other,
> when it happens, instead of create a scrollbar on the
> browser, a scrollbar appears at the end of the
> partial, since the partial is in the middle of the web
> site. it isn't really good... So does some one know
> how to remove the scrollbar on the partial and put it
> on the browser?

That isn't something that normally happens with partials, you must be
wrapping the partial in some kind of div/stylesheet.
4005a47a8f2ceee49670b920593c1d52?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Munat (Guest)
Josh on Rails wrote:

> That isn't something that normally happens with partials, you must be
> wrapping the partial in some kind of div/stylesheet.

Yeah.... look for a style "overflow: scroll;"... You might need to
rethink how you're
positioning stuff in your page too; fixed sizes can be problematic.

14b7344777a56ac9a1fad849f5d6da2a?d=identicon&s=25 sayoyo Sayoyo (sayoyo)
Yes, the partial is inside of a <div>, should I remove
the <tag>??? but since our css is "linked" with <div>
so it may cause some other problem...

--- Josh on Rails <rails@thewehners.net> wrote:

> web

The mind is its own place, and in itself.
Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

http://www.geocities.com/sayoyo/

> Yes, the partial is inside of a <div>, should I remove
> the <tag>??? but since our css is "linked" with <div>
> so it may cause some other problem...

I think you need to have a chat with your designer / whoever wrote your
stylesheets, and figure out how this element is supposed to be styled.