Forum: Ruby on Rails Script timeout problem

F28618ee1f60e65b44a87f16144c4226?d=identicon&s=25 Greg McClure (Guest)
I've got a problem that cropped up quite some time ago on a project that
I've been working on and off with for six months. I've recently gotten
back
to actively developing it, and I was wondering ...

I'll attempt to upload a file and the browser, Firefox, will stall.
After a
half minute I'll get a popup informing that a script on the page may be
busy
or may have stopped responding. If I choose to continue, the file upload
will successfully complete, but obviously that's a problem.

The problem is *not* constant. It's intermittent. It doesn't happen with
every file. I've taken out links to the prototype library on the page,
but
that doesn't seem to have any effect.

This is something that *was* working for quite a while.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a known issue? Any help would be
very much appreciated.

All the best,
Greg
C2702b7f857887aded5bbcfe8b8d2523?d=identicon&s=25 Nano (Guest)
on 2006-05-09 23:15
I got the same problem!

The problem only happens with large file uploads...

Could some one help us?
C2702b7f857887aded5bbcfe8b8d2523?d=identicon&s=25 Nano (Guest)
on 2006-05-10 08:05
I'm doing some test with another browser (in this case Mozilla) and
everything works fine in Apache and Web Rick...
Maybe is something with FastFirefox... Do you have that plugin?