Forum: Ruby on Rails Sql Server 2000 booleans not working

072ee09c04a62fe45c8db669f05cb040?d=identicon&s=25 glassneck (Guest)
I am migrating to sql server 2000 from postgres and I have tried
char(1),
int, tinyint and bit datatypes to replace booleans, but without luck.
the
1's and 0's are stored properly in the db, but checkboxes and dropdowns
are
not being auto-populated in rails. Anyone experience this before?

thanx
> --

Hi.
Use bit.  Watch for NULL in the data.  ActiveRecord maps true/false for
the
values.
I'm not sure what you're after with "auto-populating"... I thought
everything was hand-coded in Rails.  If you mean scaffolding, scaffolds
don't know about checkbox.

--
072ee09c04a62fe45c8db669f05cb040?d=identicon&s=25 glassneck (Guest)
Sent from the RubyOnRails Users forum at Nabble.com.