Forum: Ruby Manipulating large audio files.

2ec38e324983babdd5c926c56f9e0c80?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Polite (Guest)
Hi.

I'm looking for a ruby library to manipulate large audio files (>
1GB). The files will typically be too large to hold in RAM. I need to
be able to stretch the files by very small amounts (like half a second
over the course of an hour.) I also need to pad with silence.

alex
On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Alex Polite wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm looking for a ruby library to manipulate large audio files (>
> 1GB). The files will typically be too large to hold in RAM. I need to
> be able to stretch the files by very small amounts (like half a second
> over the course of an hour.) I also need to pad with silence.
>
> alex

check out gridflow.

-a
Fbd9cb107fe7c941333d6a3488691989?d=identicon&s=25 Ramon Tayag (ramontayag)
on 2006-12-07 02:42
Hi everyone,

I checked out gridflow but it seems to be used only for video or
pictures.

See: http://gridflow.ca/latest/doc/format.html#Picture/...

What do you guys use when you need to edit or handle large mp3 files
with Ruby?