Forum: Ruby on Rails Can I set up multiple deploy targets with Capistrano?

I have two servers up, one will be used for production, one for
testing stuff.  I'd like to set things up so I can upgrade each one
independently.  So I could type
$ rake deploy

That will update the test server.  I do that, test it for a few
minutes/hours/days whatever, then I can put it onto the main server:
$ rake deploy_production

Is this possible?  If so, how can I do it?

Pat
5d15c6821f3c3054c04b85471824ba7c?d=identicon&s=25 Mikkel Bruun (Guest)
Some ppl has already done this..

Search the archives...

Capistrano doesnt support this out of the box (gem), so you need to do
some code yourself

On Tuesday, March 07, 2006, at 2:53 AM, Pat Maddox wrote:

>Pat

Mikkel Bruun

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
992fe8c19bbbc27f2b562a9f96efc03d?d=identicon&s=25 Jamis Buck (Guest)
On Mar 7, 2006, at 2:53 AM, Pat Maddox wrote:

> I have two servers up, one will be used for production, one for
> testing stuff.  I'd like to set things up so I can upgrade each one
> independently.  So I could type
> $ rake deploy
>
> That will update the test server.  I do that, test it for a few
> minutes/hours/days whatever, then I can put it onto the main server:
> $ rake deploy_production
>
> Is this possible?  If so, how can I do it?

You might want to take a look at:

   http://jamis.jamisbuck.org/articles/2006/01/03/usi...
with-multiple-deployment-stages

(or, if that got too long for your email client)

   http://tinyurl.com/zywlx

Hope that helps,

Jamis