Forum: Typo Trac Spam

9d73529660c46cef8ccfcb90b0eda1ca?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Williams (Guest)
Could someone with admin privs on the typo trac clean up some of the
comment
spam in the tickets?  It's getting pretty ugly in there...it may be
necessary to require to a logins to comment.
D6f24842b973de6cb75203c4c57dfbcb?d=identicon&s=25 Gary Shewan (Guest)
I was checking the wiki today to see how many open tickets there are,
checking to see what current changes have gone through since I last
did a trunk jump ... etc, etc.  Preparing for the next jump basically

Anyway the spam is getting a bit ridiculous isn't it?  How are you
contributors managing to keep track of open tickets with all that
crap lying around?  305 tickets are hit just by one particular spammer:

http://www.typosphere.org/trac/search?ticket=on&q=...

With the wiki moving from Tobis site is somebody not able to keep a
check on this now?

Gary
D6f24842b973de6cb75203c4c57dfbcb?d=identicon&s=25 Gary Shewan (Guest)
As a follow up to this I know there's a bit of a debate around Trac
development itself regarding editing comments.  You can't currently
delete these spam comments unless you do it via the database.

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/454

But is it not possible to enable the permissions element that
disallows anonymous editing of tickets? :

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/1396

That was implemented in changeset 1516 for Trac

Just to be vindictive I also tracked down the host of those sites to
see if they would shut it down ... we'll see.

Jayzuz this is very much OT, but I can't be the only one getting sick
of it.

Gary
5ce55767684e0cd1727db2b8b8975640?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Longdo (Guest)
It would be nice if Trac could limit entries containing more than say 5
links...
Dc3f3775a7d03ba1be8958aaee881d6b?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Laird (Guest)
Trac spam sucks.  Trac spam that *re-opens closed tickets* sucksreally,
really hard.

Scott
On 3/12/06, Steve Longdo <steve.longdo@gmail.com> wrote:> It would be
nice if Trac could limit entries containing more than say 5> links...>>>
On 3/12/06, Gary Shewan <gpsnospam@gmail.com > wrote:> > As a follow up
to this I know there's a bit of a debate around Trac> > development
itself regarding editing comments.  You can't currently> > delete these
spam comments unless you do it via the database.> >> >
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/454> >> > But is it not
possible to enable the permissions element that> > disallows anonymous
editing of tickets? :> >> >
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/1396> >> > That was implemented
in changeset 1516 for Trac> >> > Just to be vindictive I also tracked
down the host of those sites to> > see if they would shut it down ...
we'll see.> >> > Jayzuz this is very much OT, but I can't be the only
one getting sick> > of it.> >> > Gary> >> >> > On 12 Mar 2006, at 16:05,
Gary Shewan wrote:> >> > > I was checking the wiki today to!
 see how many open tickets there> > > are, checking to see what current
changes have gone through since I> > > last did a trunk jump ... etc,
etc.  Preparing for the next jump> > > basically> > >> > > Anyway the
spam is getting a bit ridiculous isn't it?  How are you> > >
contributors managing to keep track of open tickets with all that> > >
crap lying around?  305 tickets are hit just by one particular> > >
spammer:> > >> > >>
http://www.typosphere.org/trac/search?ticket=on&q=... >
a> > > check on this now?> > >> > > Gary> >> >

> That was implemented in changeset 1516 for Trac
>
> Just to be vindictive I also tracked down the host of those sites to
> see if they would shut it down ... we'll see.
>
> Jayzuz this is very much OT, but I can't be the only one getting sick
> of it.
>
> Gary

I don't see how this is off topic - it directly effects the health of
typo and it reflects poorly if the change control system is flooded
with spam.

- Rob
--
http://www.robsanheim.com/